Saturday, June 14, 2008

VBS

Luke decided that he enjoyed Upwards Soccer so much that he wanted to participate in the First Baptist Church's VBS. So all week long we have been going back and forth. I think that he has a great love for "church". In fact the first night they asked all the kids what their favorite pastime was. Luke answered last and the boy that answered before him said something to the effect of playing "rated T" games on his game boy (Yikes). So I just knew that it would be something about the DS or a game like Star Wars. But to my surprise his answer was Church. The thought ran through my mind that it was a buttered-up response. But it was an honest answer. I could tell by the way he acted all week. I loved watching him, blending into the new environment like he was at home. All the girls were chasing him around the room, like all little girls do when there is a cute boy in their midst. He was showing off his break dance moves for everyone. One evening I slipped into the back of the room when he didn't know I was there and he had the whole class roaring with one of his answers. So then it was on, over and over he saying things to be a cut-up. As a mom, I wait for those moments when I can be a "fly on the wall" and observe unaware. I'm grateful when they are getting attention for good behavior. And so proud when people love and except your child the way you do. I love Luke he is awesome.
Lilly, bless her heart, was a trooper this week, being toted on my hip until way after bedtime. She is such a good girl she really took all of it in stride. She has developed her first two words this week. "Me-Me" and "Ma-Ma" Me-Me is milk and Ma-Ma is me. They have been interchangeable over the last couple of days, but I think she is getting it. Cutie-patootie.

0 comments: