Thursday, June 26, 2008

swimming like a rock


Let's just say that my son has never taken well to the water. For a little boy that was born on an island, when it comes to water, he has no self preservation skills. I have had to go in after him more than once to get him off the bottom of the pool. Scary I know. He loves to be in the water just the same. Last summer we were at Cari's, not planning to swim, I didn't have a suit with me. But Luke had a pair of short that looked like trunks, so went to their neighborhood pool. Luke walks down the stairs and is standing there with his head completely under water. Not waving his arms or anything. I had to walk into the water and pull him to safety. So we had decided that this summer was the summer, he is going to take lessons at the Y. But they don't start until July. We, all of us, went over to Nanny's yesterday to swim. Trav had Lilly and Luke and I thought that we would teach him how to at least hold his breath under water. Then how to move his arms to keep his head up and the next thing you know he was swimming under water. I was so proud of him. He still is going to lessons, but I even feel better about. Here is Lilly ready to go. I wanted to get a picture of her with her new suit and towel but she wasn't as willing as I was. Maybe next time.

0 comments: