Wednesday, June 4, 2008

new blogs

Look world it's me blogging again. I have been out of practice typing so it is slow going. But hopefully I'll stay with it for a while.
Well Luke has been bugging me the last couple of days because I think that it has finally hit him that it is going to be a little different summer this year with Lilly. We just can't be as spontaneous as we were when it was just him and I. With diapers and bottles and shorter legs we just can't run to the park if we want. Or go swim at Nanny's. Or whatever. So he and I decided to go to Hobby Lobby and get some "projects". We brought the basic craft stuff, pipe cleaners, pompoms, felt, popcyle sticks, and so on. We had a pile of stuff and Luke had also picked out a science project to build several different airplanes. I had forgot to get the coupon off the internet, So you know how we mom's do, I told the cashier that I would go home and get a coupon and come back to get the kit tomorrow. It would have been worth the trip. But as I live and breathe the cashier (they NEVER do this at our store) said why don't I go ahead and give you the discount because I know how upsetting that would be for him, looking at Luke. I said oh okay that's awesome, thank you. But as I pulled off the parking lot I thought, wow she must see some awful displays of rotten behavior to give us that discount. I know that Luke is not that kid, and he would never have thrown a fit about and it because he knows that he would never get it if he did. So it kinda made me wish that it could have played out a little different just to see what would have happened. But for me it became a moment of being completely overwhelmed with graditude to God for his awesome gift of great kids. God is so good to us and I am bessed everyday. It has restored my desire to blog and brag a little. It made me happy today as I was folding 16 paper airplanes. Praise God!

2 comments:

Mom To The 3rd Power said...

You have precious, amazing, adorable kiddo's! You are blessed. And you and doing a great job. They are so lucky to have you for the rest of their lives.

Mom To The 3rd Power said...

ahh ha! It's all that training straight from the Koran!