Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How we must seem

Have you ever wondered how parents must seem to 5/6 year old's when it comes to having a life before kids? It must seem unfathomable to them.
Today we went to the post office, business as usual, nothing special. Luke likes to set the mail up on the dock, so he can skate down the handicap ramp. Well today, a postman met Luke at the car and took the tote for him. Luke gets in the car, and says, "Everyone in there is nice, huh mom?" And I kinda chuckled under my breath I said "no, not all of them." Luke says "what does that mean mom?", (like I wasnt being very nice.) I said Oh hun, I went on a date with guy that works there once. And Luke response was "you must have dated lots of guys, huh mom, and then you met dad with a mustache." LOL
Which reminds me of a time when we were shopping at Aldi. It was just Luke and I and he was probably 4. We had been there a while and I was in shopper mode, half listening to what Luke was saying in his non-stop stream of words that he is famous for. Then a very tall big black man walks by and says, "how you doing?" and I politely replay "fine, how are you?" While the man is still standing there Luke looks up at me and says, "Mom, you should date other men." Of course, my mouth drops and I tell him that his father would probably have a problem with that. And then I practically ran away. I was so embarrassed.
P.S. The postman was pentacostal and I wasn't. So I wasn't up to his standards!

1 comments:

Mom To The 3rd Power said...

Oh my gosh, that made me laugh so hard! I love Luke!

Dad with the mustache~ LOL!!!!