Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thankgiving



Happy Thanksgiving to you all. What a crazy busy year it has been and we are still have more to come at Christmas. But it is always great to remember the blessings that we have been given. We spent the day with family, my dad's side of the family that we see once a year at Thanksgiving. I have to giggle at the day that we had getting here to spend the weekend at my parents house. First off before I got around to brushing my hair or teeth...(yikes) my next door neighbor locked her keys in the car at Wal-mart. She called and I raced over there. As I am rearranging the car seats in the car for her and her kids, I catch a vision of myself in the car window AHH! But anyway I take them home to find her spare keys so I can take her back, I walk in my own home for a second and I hear Luke saying "oh yuck..Moooom". So I go to the bathroom where he is and the plumbing is backed up and it has been in the bathtub and on the floor. So I have Travis call a plumber and I go take Melissa back to her car. We get all of it taken care of and after waiting all day to do laundry, we finally get on the road to Sugar's and Papa's. We are halfway to KC and we have a blowout. Yes a flat. The ironic thing is that we were going to buy a new tire yesterday, but because of the unexpected plumber we decided to wait. Ha! Somethings never wait. So I call mom to tell her not to worry, we are back on the road and she says "well maybe you don't want to come because I have the flu". So we debated and decided that we would go ahead and come to KC. Luckily it wasn't the flu but a bad reaction to Tylenol.




Needless to say I have a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful my family and their health. I am thankful for my sweet dear husband, that rolls with the punches well. I am thankful for friends and neighbors that we can call on in our times of need. But most of all I am so thankful for Jesus and the peace that passes all understanding. When we are hard pressed on every side He keeps us from being crushed. I pray that through this year we are always mindful and more thankful for everything that He gives us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... you and trav are definitely good at "rolling with the punches!" After our story-telling time on our trip to San An, I was like "WOW... my life is boring compared to them!" And in comparison, out Thanksgiving has been pretty boring too.
Actually, it's been fun. We made a pumpkin pie from scratch!!! Crazy... I'll tell you all about it.

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving love mom