Monday, September 1, 2008

Home for the holiday

Well Kansas City isn't my home, it is where my parents live. They moved up there together when my younger sister graduated from high school. It has been a long time, 16 years I think. But when you are with the ones you love it always feels like home. We went up for Labor day weekend and to celebrate Luke's 7th birthday with my parents. Lilly hasn't spent much time there, I think this only her second visit. She did ok, except for the whining, which was her response for not being in a familiar place. But when she was on, she was on. She was very entertaining. She had us all laughing our socks off.
Mom wanted to take Luke shopping on their own, to have some alone time, so I was dropped off at Archivers. Which was fine with me. I love that store. I really wish that we had one closer. But they were off to BestBuy and he got a DS game and a Mp3 player. His dad and all his cousins got a Mp3 player for Christmas last year and I think that Luke has wanted one ever since. So he was ecstatic. But other than that it was a quiet weekend. We enjoyed some good food, great company and the kids for our holiday. I hate for our time together to be over, so it makes long for a time when we can be closer without all the miles between us. And unfortunely I forgot the camera, but mom got a few shots, maybe she'll email to me. hint hint.

0 comments: