Saturday, July 26, 2008

Such are the times we live in.

Friday night, well Saturday morning, really, I am awakened at 3:30 in the morning by Travis shaking me. "Wake up, Wake up the lady that lives across the street her car is on fire." Then he leaves the room. Let me preface the story with the fact that I have some sort of insomnia, and I had little to no sleep the last few nights. My body was tired.I had only been asleep for an hour and 45 minutes, maybe. So when he told me that the ladies car was on fire. I thought,.... so, I hadn't gotten back to sleep fully then.........CAABOOOM!!!! The whole house shook. I jumped out of bed and our whole bedroom was glowing orange. Then again. BOOM!!! I was definately awake then. I hollered at Travis call 911. Which he did. They were on their way. It actually took them awhile to get there. I was suprised. But when they finally made it the fire was out in seconds. Travis had actually heard some noise earlier about 3am and he had gotten up and checked on the kids and laid down on the couch. Then he said that he started hearing the tires explode he thought someone was shooting a gun. That is when he got up and say the fire. I guess someone had put a pipe bomb of some sort in the girl's trunk. The big explosion was the gas tank of the back car, and the second one was the trunk of the car in front.


Can you believe that? As a kid I would hear of people slitting tires, egging houses, TPing for goodness sake but a pipe bomb!! I'm still in shock. It is amazing there wasn't more damage to the surrounding area. My car, for example was only a road's width from the explosion. The houses and trees next to the car, the house the siding is melted but not burnt. Wow. Lord, now I lay me and my kids down to sleep, I pray the Lord our souls to keep.




0 comments: